Windows Night Engineer
Are you a night owl with a huge passion for technology that enjoys troubleshooting and fixing issues? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
Working with our existing Night Support team, we are looking for an Engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
What will my responsibilities be?
- This fantastic opportunity allows you to get involved in assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Aiding with research and development
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Experience with programming languages such ASP,PHP, HTML
- Qualification/certification to MTA/MCTS/MCSA level is required
- Experience of Windows systems in a hosting environment
- Experience of Windows systems in a networking environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following applications and services:
- Active Directory
- IIS (including shared configuration)
- FTP (including STFP & FTPS)
- Mail servers
- Hardware diagnostics and tools such as Raid controllers, Perfmon
- Database servers
- SAN storage and architecture experience – EMC/EqualLogic/Netapp/3PAR/HP and/or Dell server hardware
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-27k depending on experience
- Additional shift allowance
What are my working hours?
This role will cover 12 hour shifts on a 4-on and 4-off shift pattern on a rolling rota basis.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!