Windows Night Engineer
Are you a night owl with a huge passion for technology that enjoys troubleshooting and fixing issues? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
Working with our existing Night Support team, we are looking for an Engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
What will my responsibilities be?
- This fantastic opportunity allows you to get involved in assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Aiding with research and development
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Experience with programming languages such ASP,PHP, HTML
- Qualification/certification to MTA/MCTS/MCSA level is required
- Experience of Windows systems in a hosting environment
- Experience of Windows systems in a networking environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following applications and services:
- Active Directory
- IIS (including shared configuration)
- FTP (including STFP & FTPS)
- Mail servers
- Hardware diagnostics and tools such as Raid controllers, Perfmon
- Database servers
- SAN storage and architecture experience – EMC/EqualLogic/Netapp/3PAR/HP and/or Dell server hardware
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-27k depending on experience
- Additional shift allowance
What are my working hours?
This role will cover 12 hour shifts on a 4-on and 4-off shift pattern on a rolling rota basis.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two weeks service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected