What's the role all about?
Working within a specialist engineering team to look after the storage sub-systems for our VMware based cloud platforms from single VMs all the way up to large scale cloud infrastructures with hundreds of storage arrays. Assisting our in house engineers and customers with cloud architecture design, support, implementation and scaling.
Our eCloud platform is a rapidly growing VMware environment consisting of over 1000 hosts and is one of the largest VMware deployments in the UK. With a mix of over 300 storage arrays from largescale 200 drive 3Pars down to individual customer Power Vault and Compellent arrays our cloud environments provide plenty of challenges for engineers to get their teeth into. We are continuously working to accelerate our platforms functionality, investing in containerisation, increase automation and monitoring and further enhancing our bespoke performance optimised solutions and in-house custom built technologies.
We are looking for junior and senior engineers to help us manage our platforms, don’t worry about working at similar scales, if you are up for a challenge and passionate about cloud technologies drop us an application.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will your responsibilities be?
- Large scale infrastructure monitoring and support
- Assisting with platform growth and development
- Providing 3rd line support for internal teams and customers on the cloud platforms
- Day to day customer troubleshooting and assistance
- Storage optimisation and troubleshooting
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors
- Out of Hours Maintenance
- On-call shift rotation
What skills do I need to have?
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience in SAN storage architecture, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting at small or large scale.
- Previous 1st,2nd or 3rd line support experience including server diagnostics
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with:
- Dell Compellent
- Dell PowerVault
- Dell Equallogic
- Experience with either iSCSI or FC networking
Desirable skills and experience:
- Used to installing \ operating infrastructure at a large scale is a plus but not essential
- Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows or Linux
- UCS or other blade systems
- IP / iSCSI / FC Networking, Cisco or other
- Stateless Autodeploy
- Knowledge of backup technologies
- Knowledge of DR technologies
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-60k depending on experience
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!