Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies? Do you get excited about architecture and designing new solutions? We get 1000’s of technical requirements each year and it’s our Solution Architects that are responsible for designing the solutions, whilst working closely with the Account Management and Sales team to find the perfect hosting infrastructure for our clients. If you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What’s the role all about?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solutions Architect with previous experience of providing technical knowledge to aid the Sales Team in closing sales opportunities. By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of multi award winning family owned business.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Advising the Sales and Account Management teams on how UKFast can meet clients requirements
- Architecting solution designs for the Sales team for client proposals and quotes
- Involved in client meetings and conference calls when required to discuss technology, solutions and options available to meet requirements
- Designing, documenting and presenting network infrastructure and services solutions
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A solid technical presales background supported by hands on experience
- Relevant industry qualifications such as VCP/Redhat/RHCA/LPIC/CCNA
- Any Microsoft qualifications would be of benefit such as MCSE
- Strong understanding of network firewalling, routing and switching
- Strong understanding of Storage Area Networking (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Experience using any of the following technologies would be highly desirable:
- Redhat Clustering
- Tomcat/ Java Application Servers
- iSCSI/Fibre Channel Storage
- Apache/ NGiNX/ MySQL
- Multi-Server Solutions
- VMWare vSphere Virtualisation
- Redis/ Solr
- Libvert/ KVM
- Linux integrated into heterogeneous environments (i.e. Microsoft)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Exchange
- IIS web services, DFS replication, Active Directory, File Clustering
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp and Remote Desktop Services
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £40-60k depending on experience
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!