Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies? Do you get excited about architecture and designing new solutions? We get 1000’s of technical requirements each year and it’s our Solution Architects that are responsible for designing the solutions, whilst working closely with the Account Management and Sales team to find the perfect hosting infrastructure for our clients. If you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business we may have a place for you at UKFast!
What’s the role all about?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solutions Architect with previous experience of providing technical knowledge to aid the Sales Team in closing sales opportunities. By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of multi award winning family owned business.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Advising the Sales and Account Management teams on how UKFast can meet clients requirements
- Architecting solution designs for the Sales team for client proposals and quotes
- Involved in client meetings and conference calls when required to discuss technology, solutions and options available to meet requirements
- Designing, documenting and presenting network infrastructure and services solutions
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A solid technical presales background supported by hands on experience
- Relevant industry qualifications such as VCP/Redhat/RHCA/LPIC/CCNA
- Any Microsoft qualifications would be of benefit such as MCSE
- Strong understanding of network firewalling, routing and switching
- Strong understanding of Storage Area Networking (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Experience using any of the following technologies would be highly desirable:
- Redhat Clustering
- Tomcat/ Java Application Servers
- iSCSI/Fibre Channel Storage
- Apache/ NGiNX/ MySQL
- Multi-Server Solutions
- VMWare vSphere Virtualisation
- Redis/ Solr
- Libvert/ KVM
- Linux integrated into heterogeneous environments (i.e. Microsoft)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Exchange
- IIS web services, DFS replication, Active Directory, File Clustering
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp and Remote Desktop Services
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £40-60k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions