Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
What’s the role all about?
The UKFast Public Sector division is a dynamic, forward thinking team focussed on delivering innovative cloud solutions, and offers the right candidate an exciting and challenging opportunity. Every day may be different, with involvement in a wide range of technologies and solutions. If you feel you could contribute to our success then please apply below.
You will develop and support our Secure Public-Sector Cloud platforms alongside bespoke customer solutions.
Become one of our highly skilled and valued Cloud System Engineers providing our customers with cloud architecture design, support, implementation, optimisation and scaling.
Technologies that you will become immersed in, include VMware, Cisco, Windows, Linux with extensive training available to expand your skills and experience.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working as a Cloud Systems Engineer within the Public-Sector team.
- Directly involved with the growth and development of our Secure eCloud platform.
- Ensure that all configuration and implementation work is done in a secure manner to meet the needs of our customers.
- Work with customer technical teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure that the delivery fits within their technical requirements.
- Providing 3rd line support for internal teams and customers on the cloud platforms.
What skills do I need to have?
- We are looking for the right people with a positive attitude and approach to a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Good understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience of web server and database technologies.
- Experience of building, installing and supporting Linux systems ideally within a networking environment.
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare/HyperV/Zen Server/KVM.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Administration and Configuration.
- Able to troubleshoot from own initiative.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of installing/operating infrastructure at a large scale is a plus but not essential.
- Implementing SAN networks and storage configuration.
- Firewall configuration (Any make).
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Web, and Database servers such as. Apache/nginx/MySQL/MSSQL with Oracle a plus.
- Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1.
- Understanding of server and networking hardware.
- Awareness and appreciation of the importance of Information Security.
- HMG SC Cleared. Beneficial but will be provided if successful.
What's the earning potential?
Up to £45k dependant on experience.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!