Senior Cloud Systems Engineer - Public Sector
What’s the role all about?
The UKFast Public Sector division is a dynamic, forward thinking team focussed on delivering innovative cloud solutions, and offers the right candidate an exciting and challenging opportunity. Every day may be different, with involvement in a wide range of technologies and solutions. If you feel you could contribute to our success then please apply below.
You will develop and support our Secure Public-Sector Cloud platforms alongside bespoke customer solutions.
Become one of our highly skilled and valued Cloud System Engineers providing our customers with cloud architecture design, support, implementation, optimisation and scaling.
Technologies that you will become immersed in, include VMware, Cisco, Windows, Linux with extensive training available to expand your skills and experience.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working as a Cloud Systems Engineer within the Public-Sector team.
- Directly involved with the growth and development of our Secure eCloud platform.
- Ensure that all configuration and implementation work is done in a secure manner to meet the needs of our customers.
- Work with customer technical teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure that the delivery fits within their technical requirements.
- Providing 3rd line support for internal teams and customers on the cloud platforms.
What skills do I need to have?
- We are looking for the right people with a positive attitude and approach to a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Good understanding of networking concepts.
- Experience of web server and database technologies.
- Experience of building, installing and supporting Linux systems ideally within a networking environment.
- Experience of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare/HyperV/Zen Server/KVM.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Administration and Configuration.
- Able to troubleshoot from own initiative.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of installing/operating infrastructure at a large scale is a plus but not essential.
- Implementing SAN networks and storage configuration.
- Firewall configuration (Any make).
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Web, and Database servers such as. Apache/nginx/MySQL/MSSQL with Oracle a plus.
- Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1.
- Understanding of server and networking hardware.
- Awareness and appreciation of the importance of Information Security.
- HMG SC Cleared. Beneficial but will be provided if successful.
What's the earning potential?
Up to £45k dependant on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Bupa private healthcare after 1 years’ service.
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected