Do you have a keen eye for detail, want to learn about new technologies and have the ability to keep cool under pressure? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Working alongside our existing Network team, we are looking for an engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude. You will be involved in the design and build of enterprise networks within our existing infrastructure and also the expansion of the UKFast core infrastructure which is expanding due to the opening of more data centres in Manchester and further afield.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Supporting clients and our core UKFast infrastructure
- Involvement in the design and build of enterprise networks
- Involvement in the expansion of the UKFast core infrastructure
- Helping to maintain and grow a worldwide network totalling over 600Gbs of capacity
What we require:
- A good understanding of OSI 7 Layer model
- A good understanding of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching
- Knowledge of Cisco security and VPN
- CCNA qualified or equivalent experience
The following will also be beneficial:
- Experience in network automation using automated tools
- Experience with various monitoring platforms to build and extend what we have
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £20-50k dependant on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
Permanent full-time role covering Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm.