INSERT INTO EnterpriseWindows (FirstName, Surname, JobTitle)
SELECT FirstName, Surname, JobTitle FROM PotentialEmployees
WHERE YearsExperience > 2
AND Passion IS 'Tech'
AND Development IS 'Desired'
We’re looking for someone to join our Enterprise Windows Team who has a good understanding of MSSQL but would like to diversify their knowledge base. We work closely with our Linux counterparts as well so there is opportunity to understand WAF’s, Load balancers, Webcels and Anti-DDOS in more detail. Also you’ll have the opportunity to learn and be trained to support our VMWare and SAN offerings. The Windows Team is a friendly bunch and you’re guaranteed to make some great friends in the role.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
- At least 2 years working with SQL Server
- Installation and configuration of SQL.
- SQL patching and upgrades
- SQL data migrations
- Experience with the configuration of SQL HA options including SQL Clusters, Mirrors, AlwaysOn, Log Shipping and SQL Replication.
- Experience with SQL debugging tools including SQL Performance Dashboard, SQL Server Profiler and Traces.
- Configuration of Read-Only Routing tables
- Performing index maintenance.
- Experience with stretched/multi-subnet SQL Clusters
- Configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services as a standalone instance and Scale-Out Deployment.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Be certified or working towards certification on one of the below exams:
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (70-461)
- Microsoft Administering SQL Server 2012/14 Databases (70-462)
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (70-463)
- Experience with Database Tuning.
- Report building within SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Working with Database Security and Management.
- Active Directory Services; Domain/Policy/User/Machine Management Distributed File System Replication
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Mail Services (SMTP/POP3/IMAP)
- Experience with load balancing technologies; Layer 4 & 7
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies; VMWare/HyperV/Zen Server/KVM
- Understanding of RAID configuration and implementation
- Exposure to Cisco networking; Firewalls/Switches/Routers
- Experience with server backup technologies
- Storage Area Network (SAN) exposure; Dell/HP 3PAR/NetApp/iSCSI/Fiber Channel Exposure
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial for this role:
- Hardware diagnostics and debugging experience
- Web application debugging experience (.NET/PHP/JAVA/ASP Classic)
- Data Security/Encryption
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of up to £50k depending on experience
What are my working hours?
- Core working hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!