What’s the role all about?
Do you love cutting edge technology, solving problems and maintaining hosting environments? Are you looking to take your next step up the IT support ladder? If you’re passionate about servers, cloud infrastructure and helping customers in the fast moving industry that we call hosting, then we may have the perfect role for you at UKFast!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Provide 3rd line support to our customers, resolving escalations and spotting problem trends
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Advising on best practices for advanced Windows Server roles including setup and configuration
- Aiding research and development with new and existing products in our product portfolio
- To continually develop your technical skills through extensive training both internally and via third parties. You will be working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry, using the latest technologies.
Experience in the following areas would be essential:
- Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Progress towards or certification in MCTS/MCSA qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Active Directory administration and configuration knowledge
- Server hardware diagnostics including an understanding of RAID configurations
- Troubleshooting performance issues with Windows Server diagnostics tools
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial for this role:
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Distributed File System (DFS)
- SQL Server 2008 onwards, particularly understanding of database mirroring.
- Mail servers, free programs or knowledge in Exchange, an understanding of how mail flow works is ideal.
- An understanding of SAN technologies
- Citrix XenApp
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- Knowledge of backup technologies (Windows Server Backup / DPM / Commvault)
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V / OpenStack).
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-26k depending on experience
What are my working hours?
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. Typically weekend shifts are on a 1 in 5 rotation. This role also covers night shifts, on a cover only basis to cover holidays and sickness.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions