What’s the role all about?
Do you have a huge passion for technology and enjoy troubleshooting and fixing issues? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Working with our existing Linux support team, we are looking for an Engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Advising with client issues
- Developing new products
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience building, installing and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat/Debian based distributions
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Experience of Linux systems in a networking environment
We’re more than happy to train an enthusiastic individual, but it would be desirable if you had the following:
- Experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, FTP and Mail Servers
- Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Exposure to command line scripting
- Experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel or Plesk
- Exposure to programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML and SQL
- Qualification/certification to RHCT/RHCSA/LPIC-1 is desirable
What’s the earning potential?
- A salary of £18-50k dependant on experience
- An additional shift allowance during 12 hour shifts
What are my working hours?
This role will cover a shift pattern to include 5 days covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Monday-Sunday. Typically weekend shifts are on a 1 in 5 rotation. This role also covers night shifts, on a cover only basis to cover holidays and sickness.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!