Did you know over 60,000 apps are added to the app store every day or that there are over 1.1 billion websites online right now? IT is one of the fastest and most exciting industries in the world; constantly evolving and changing to transform how we live our everyday lives.
UKFast is looking for the future generation of tech titans and software superheroes who want break smash into this dynamic, fast-paced industry. We believe in investing in ambitious young people who are eager to learn. Our award-winning apprenticeships provide state-of-the-art training and invaluable experiences to kick-start your lifelong IT career.
Are you passionate about programming or obsessed with the latest tech?
Would you love to be part of helping companies grow and succeed?
Do you look up to people like Bill Gates or Sheryl Sandberg?
Have you got a strong attention to detail and a can-do attitude?
If you answered a big ‘yes!’ to all of the above then it’s very likely that you are exactly who we are looking for.
UKFast is an award-winning, family- run business with extraordinary team benefits, an unbeatable work culture and incredible progression opportunities. Our apprentices work side-by-side with some of the most senior members of 'Team UKFast' and, as all elements of our Level 3 programmes are delivered on-site, participants are fully immersed in the business from day one.
Team UKFast duties
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Diagnosing and advising on client issues
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Complete different aspects of the apprenticeship scheme
- Work closely with UKFast technical teams
Skills we are on the lookout for
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for technology, software and the internet
- Experience using administrative features of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Interest in programming languages or web technologies
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths, English and ICT
Your apprenticeship journey
2 -Year Academic Programme:
We will provide you with a full 2 year training and development programme starting with a Level 3 or Level 4 Trailblazer IT Apprenticeship. This will focus on Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Cisco and Citrix server skills.
You will work and train with the latest technologies and techniques to deliver hosting solutions and manage servers.
As a partnership we will develop your own individual personal development plan (PDP) to help you in your learning journey and career. With a typical group of five or more starting at once, there is a great team experience, supporting teammates at the same level and above.
You will complete industry recognised vendor qualifications (Microsoft, Linux, CompTia, VMware, Cisco, Oracle and Citrix) alongside your IT Apprenticeship.
Year 3 and upon course completion:
UKFast prides itself on offering its employees continual professional development and career opportunities supported by world-class tools, facilities, training and technology. We have clearly defined career pathways and individual development plans to help you get there. Dependant on your performance and once you have achieved your Level 3 IT Apprenticeship, you will have a number of choices:
Start on a vendor certification pathway
Move on to a higher IT qualification
Stay as an IT professional and become a specialist in your chosen area
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
Working hours during apprenticeship
Monday to Friday covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 dependant on business needs.