Do you get excited about trialling new cutting-edge technologies from big vendors? Would you like the opportunity to work for the most successful cloud and hosting provider in the UK? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Management and maintenance of client back-up solutions
- Advising with client issues
- Helping with cloud setup, configuration and support
- Ensuring protection of client services and data
- As well as having fun working alongside some of the best engineers in the industry
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Linux servers. Ideally Redhat/Debian based distributions
- Experience in diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting the following applications and services:
- Active Directory
- SAN storage
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-24k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions