Graduate Scheme - Technical
What’s the role all about?
On our technical graduate scheme you’re working to become either a fully qualified Linux Engineer or a fully qualified Windows Engineer, depending where your passion lies
Your primary contacts will be with our current superstar engineers. Our Linux and Windows teams range from Junior Engineers up to our Senior Enterprise Engineers. Your desk, on our tech floor, will be positioned next to experienced engineers, giving you maximum support during your journey with us.
You will be working with a range of people across the UKFast business; your role will have you communicating with all the departments at UKFast.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
We have something for everyone
You will enrol on either our Windows or Linux Curriculum and these will span the Graduate Scheme with us.
- If Linux is your passion, you can earn a number of qualifications including: Linux Essentials, LPIC 101, LPIC 102, LPIC 201 and LPIC 202!
- If Windows is your weapon of choice, you can achieve qualifications such as your MTA Server Administration Fundamentals and your MCSA!
When you start at UKFast you will join your tech team and become part of the UKFast family. You and your pod team compete against other teams to provide the best service for our clients, monetary pod bonuses are awarded for the Champions.
You will work through tickets; designing, building, upgrading and maintaining solutions for clients using your specialised skillset. In your downtime you have free access to the onsite gym and steam room, as well as the running club, pool tables, table tennis, Mario Kart and a selection of retro games consoles plus much, much, more!
- GradCash – GradCash gives graduate recruits at UKFast the opportunity to have £2,000 paid off their student loan in the first two years of employment. That’s £1,000 after 12 months and another £1,000 after two years.
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these, if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra week’s holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive!
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team-building experiences climbing Snowdon
We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family.
We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!