Front End Developer
We’re looking for innovative and experienced front-end developer to join our in-house web agency. You’ll be working on internal projects and work for various external clients, building great user experiences across desktop and mobile devices.
What will my responsibilities be?
- The development of websites and web applications
- An innovative approach to solving problems through software, adding features and functionality to our systems and client portals
- Working with exciting new technologies to stay at your best
- Developing new products and services
- Working alongside a team of great people within the company
What skills do I need to have?
- Proven experience in web development
- Passion for modern web design standards, trends, and best practices
- Experience with responsive design, cross browser compatibility and content management systems.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to produce quality results on fast-paced projects
- A good level of experience with PHP (5.x)
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with JQuery
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £20 - 35k depending on experience
What training and career enhancement is available?
- Learn and develop your software skills through a variety of projects, working closely alongside a team of experienced developers
- Training courses and qualifications at our in-house training centre
- Participation in conferences and events to learn from the experts on latest technologies and web trends
What our employees think.
"So many different projects to work on with different problems to solve"
"Challenging work and deadlines but with friendly and positive attitude all round"
"Great getting a job done, seeing your hard work in action, the difference it can make and how it contributes to the business"
"Appreciation from peers and other departments on jobs well done"
"Even after all these years I'm still learning every day"
"Loads of friendly faces and like-minded people from top to bottom, great family feel to the company"
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions