Front End Developer
We’re looking for innovative and experienced front-end developer to join our in-house web agency. You’ll be working on internal projects and work for various external clients, building great user experiences across desktop and mobile devices.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- The development of websites and web applications
- An innovative approach to solving problems through software, adding features and functionality to our website and client applications
- Working with exciting new technologies to stay at your best
- Developing new products and services
- Working alongside a team of great people within the company
What skills do I need to have?
- Proven experience in web development
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Passion for modern web design standards, trends, and best practices
- Experience with responsive design, cross browser compatibility, Wordpress and similar CMS systems.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to produce quality results on fast-paced projects
- Knowledge of HTML5, Sass, GULP, GIT and similar workflows
- Experience with JQuery
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £20 - 35k depending on experience
What training and career enhancement is available?
- Learn and develop your software skills through a variety of projects, working closely alongside a team of experienced developers
- Training courses and qualifications at our in-house training centre
- Participation in conferences and events to learn from the experts on latest technologies and web trends
What our employees think.
"So many different projects to work on with different problems to solve"
"Challenging work and deadlines but with friendly and positive attitude all round"
"Great getting a job done, seeing your hard work in action, the difference it can make and how it contributes to the business"
"Appreciation from peers and other departments on jobs well done"
"Even after all these years I'm still learning every day"
"Loads of friendly faces and like-minded people from top to bottom, great family feel to the company"
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!