Senior Linux Engineer
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge open source technology? Would you like access to an amazing range of technologies and various hardware (Dell, HP and Cisco)? Are you passionate about Linux software and looking to develop your skills further? Would you like the opportunity to work for the most successful cloud and hosting provider in the UK? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What’s the role all about?
Working at UKFast you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the internet’s most exciting businesses on a day to day basis. We're primarily a RHEL/CentOS shop, but we also mix it up a bit with some Debian, both bare metal and VMware. Outside of the office we're known to be arch, Gentoo and RasPi fans, and we provide resources for a couple of very popular open source projects.
What will my responsibilities be?
- We are primarily about ensuring clients get a good service
- Helping to engineer high availability in solutions, through applying specific tuning, load testing and even full DR platforms – whether it is for a simple web cluster or complex multi-datacentre solutions
- Responsible for maintaining and progressing our own infrastructure. We use Python, Perl and even some Go for good measure.
What skills do I need to have?
- Core web technologies (apache, nginx, haproxy, varnish)
- Database servers (MySQL and its forks including Galera)
- High availability (Heartbeat, Pacemaker, Red Hat Cluster Suite)
- VMWare or Hyper-V
- Red Hat certification is desirable
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of up to 50k depending on experience
What are my working hours?
Core working hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!