Data Centre Engineer
Do you love to cable and enjoy troubleshooting and fixing problems? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What’s the role all about?
Working from our purpose built datacentres, we are looking for an engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Liaising with other technical departments to support customer solutions
- Helping with server setup/configuration and support
- Assisting in keeping the datacentre facilities operational 24/7
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience in building and maintaining PCs
- Experience with installing and initial setup of windows
- Experience testing and fault diagnosing components such as RAM, CPUs, Hard Drives
- Experience in cabling with a keen eye for detail
- Basic troubleshooting experience with Windows Server 2003 & 2008 and/or Linux
- A full, clean driving license
Desirable skills and experience:
- Worked previously with HP/Dell server hardware and with server hardware technologies such as RAID
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-24k depending on experience and an additional shift allowance during 12 hour shifts.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected