What’s the role all about?
Working from our purpose built datacentres, we are looking for an engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Liaising with other technical departments to support customer solutions
- Helping with server setup/configuration and support
- Assisting in keeping the datacentre facilities operational 24/7
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience in building and maintaining PCs
- Experience with installing and initial setup of windows
- Experience testing and fault diagnosing components such as RAM, CPUs, Hard Drives
- Experience in cabling with a keen eye for detail
- Basic troubleshooting experience with Windows Server 2003 & 2008 and/or Linux
- A full, clean driving licence
Desirable skills and experience:
- Worked previously with HP/Dell server hardware and with server hardware technologies such as RAID
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-24k depending on experience and an additional shift allowance during 12 hour shifts.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!