Data Centre Engineer
Do you love to cable and enjoy troubleshooting and fixing problems? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What’s the role all about?
Working from our purpose built datacentres, we are looking for an engineer with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite along with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Liaising with other technical departments to support customer solutions
- Helping with server setup/configuration and support
- Assisting in keeping the datacentre facilities operational 24/7
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties
What skills do I need to have?
- Experience in building and maintaining PCs
- Experience with installing and initial setup of windows
- Experience testing and fault diagnosing components such as RAM, CPUs, Hard Drives
- Experience in cabling with a keen eye for detail
- Basic troubleshooting experience with Windows Server 2003 & 2008 and/or Linux
- A full, clean driving licence
Desirable skills and experience:
- Worked previously with HP/Dell server hardware and with server hardware technologies such as RAID
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-24k depending on experience and an additional shift allowance during 12 hour shifts.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!