Citrix Infrastructure Engineer
Over the past two decades, UKFast has grown from a start up to a multi-million pound business. We are one of the UK’s leading cloud, and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services.
Dedicated to innovation and providing world-class solutions, we help transform our customers’ businesses. We bring together cutting-edge technology with multi-award-winning customer service and support. We have the highest NPS in our industry and we work hard every day to re-earn our customers’ loyalty. We support a full cross section of UK enterprise, from local businesses and charities, to global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence.
What makes the UKFast difference is simple. It’s all about our people and our culture. We are dedicated to our customers, to the ongoing training, development, and support of our team, and to making it fun every day. Our in-house training facility is widely accredited – e.g. we are the only managed service provider in the UK to also be an accredited AWS training centre.
2020 is turning into a transformational year for our business with a large investment from the leading mid-market private equity firm Inflexion. As such, many exciting projects are underway – one of these is the expansion of our FastDesk platform which has seen 300% growth this year.
Aside from the traditional Citrix technologies, you’ll also be exposed to Cisco Nexus, our own cloud product – eCloud, one of Europe's largest VMWare install bases, engaging with the storage team, working with monitoring systems and working with our R&D teams to build automation at scale. You’ll also be involved in creating bespoke solutions for customers and helping us to transform our single-site platform into a multi-site platform across London and Amsterdam.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with our wider team to develop international scale, multi-site, multi-tenant Citrix environments from the ground up
- Working to optimise performance across the software stack
- Improving HA and platform resilience
- Engaging with our Solutions Architects and Consultants to assist in customers solution design
- Providing incident investigation, root cause analysis, system optimisation, a detailed understanding of Citrix policies and Active Directory policies for a Citrix environment
- Acting as a point of escalation for customer issues
- Speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and assisting other team members in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to
- Working to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs
- Feeding information up to our Research & Development team
- Designing back-end automation to help with troubleshooting and platform stability
What you’ll bring?
- Excellent understanding of designing, implementing and maintaining server-based computing solutions with Citrix XenApp/Xendesktop;
- Good working knowledge of Citrix PVS and associated concepts;
- Familiar with providing highly available solutions based on XenApp/Xendesktop components.
- Continually review design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Lead or assist in Citrix and infrastructure-based technology projects and tasks both client focused and internal.
- Ensuring configuration, change and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Excellent communicator who is happy to talk to different business stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of networking protocols.
- Understanding of Netscalers, App Layering, WEM, FSLogix, MFA and storefront services
- Exposure to Citrix Cloud and/or Office 365 would be added bonuses.
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Regular quiz nights and LAN parties
- Family days out and cinema nights
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- An active and engaged LGBTQ community with group events and educational sessions arranged regularly
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!