What's the role all about?
Maintaining and growing our large scale shared and dedicated Commvault backups infrastructure. A small dedicated team working with both our internal engineering teams and customers to ensure the health and function of their backup solutions and assisting with recovery operations when needed.
An ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge of recovery of Windows, Linux, VMWare & Hyper-V on solutions ranging from single servers up to tens of thousands of VMs.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will your responsibilities be?
We are looking for both junior and senior members of our team to:
- Provide 3rd line support for our backups platforms
- Assist with capacity management and platform growth
- Work with the team to help design and architect new backups solutions for customers
- Troubleshooting backups errors up to and including the Host OS
- Advising clients on backups issues
What skills do you need to have?
- Experience building/installing/maintaining and supporting existing backups solutions (Commvault is not essential but a plus)
- Experience with at least one of the following
- Windows (2008/2012/2016)
- Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL)
- VMWare (5.1 )
- Storage Arrays (Benefit but not essential)
- Dell Compellent
- Dell Powervault
- Dell Equallogic
- Experience with DRaaS products
What's the earning potential?
18k - 35k
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!