Purchase Ledger & Payroll Clerk
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchase Ledger and Payroll Clerk at UKFast. In this role you will get to build amazing relationships with suppliers, while dealing with a variety of queries and also the opportunity to process the monthly payroll whilst having fun in a team of great people!
Are you interested in developing yourself alongside a talented team in the most exciting industry in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy being part of an amazing team culture? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If yes, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
What’s the role all about?
You will be reporting to the Financial Director and supporting all of the finance team, with particular emphasis on one of our fastest growing businesses.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Processing supplier invoices, payments and sending out remittances
- Processing payroll for the group companies on a monthly basis
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations – bank recs, prepayments, accruals, etc…
- Assisting with the sales ledger
- Looking after the company’s monthly credit card statements
- Dealing with client refunds
- Responsible for accurate and timely staff expenses payments
- Being responsible for monthly and ad-hoc payment runs
- Dealing with client queries over the phone and by email
What skills do I need to have?
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of Sage payroll
- Commercially minded
- A good communicator
- Goal orientated and driven
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges
- Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £18-22k depending on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions