Management Accounts Assistant
Accountants can sometimes have a bad rep for being a little boring but at UKFast we believe in breaking smashing the mould! Are you a future money master? Is Warren Buffett or Christine Lagarde your idol? We are looking for three finance protégés - you don’t need bags of experience but will be driven to step up and develop in one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
Are you looking to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment?
Do you love numbers and have a high attention for detail?
Are you driven and looking for a new challenge?
If you answered a big ‘yes!’ to all of the above then it’s very likely that you are exactly who we are looking for.
UKFast is an award-winning, family- run business with extraordinary team benefits, an unbeatable work culture and incredible progression opportunities. Take your career to the next level with our professional development exams and continuous high-quality training - ready to set you on the path of becoming a financial director.
As a management account assistant you build amazing relationships with our clients, experience a wide variety of tasks and challenges, and help support our fast-growing business with your dynamic and exciting team.
Day to day you support the finance team with:
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing payrolls for our group of companies
- Assisting with sales ledgers
- Processing suppliers invoices
…And plenty of other activities to dig your mathematical teeth into!
Skills we are on the lookout for:
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of Sage payroll
- Commercially minded
- A good communicator
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges
- Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment
If you get excited by spreadsheet formulas but would also love a great social life and fun working environment - then we would love to hear from you!
What's the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £18-22k depending on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions