- Three out of four consumers are willing to provide some meaningful amount of personal information in exchange for a more personalised, relevant shopping experience.
- 77 percent say they have made additional purchases when they have encountered personalised product recommendations online - more than half say they usually peruse those recommendations when offered.
- Over one-third of consumers (36 percent) indicate they award more loyalty to merchants that meet demand for true personalisation in the shopping experience.
- Just 2 percent report feeling that products suggested to them online are tailored for them based on their individual purchases and behaviors.
- Personalisation is only an upcoming initiative for 41 percent of merchants.
- More than one-third of merchants cite lack of resources as a challenge to making personalisation a higher priority:
- 79 percent of merchants who do attempt to personalise the online experience still rely on manual, hard-coded methods for providing additional product recommendations to online shoppers.
View Marketing News Archive