- Some 48% of internet users said they had ever visited a video-sharing site, compared with 33% who said so at the end of 2006 - a growth of more than 45% year over year.
- The percentage of women who have ever visited a video-sharing site was up from 27% in Dec. '06 to 43% in Dec. '07 - an increase of 59%.
- Some 70% of those age 18-29 have visited such sites (as of Dec. 07) up 27% from the year-earlier period's 55%.
- The greatest increase among age groups came from those age 50-64: the number of visitors increased from 19% to 30% - up 58%.
- Some 15% said they had used a video-sharing site "yesterday," nearly double the 8% who had said so at the end of 2006.
- About 30% of online young adults and 20% online men watch a video on a site like YouTube on a typical day.
- Among women, average daily usage was up from 5% to 11% (an increase of 120%).
- Among those age 30-49 typical daily usage increased from 7% to 14% (an increase of 100%).
- Some 22% of Americans have made videos, and 14% of them have posted at least portions of those videos online - more than triple the percentage of those who said they had done so when surveyed in February-April 2006.
View Marketing News Archive