- 51% of all those surveyed were viewing or reading UGC. For the 13 - 24 age group, this figure rose to 71%.
- 55% of 13-24 year olds read blogs and 62% watched YouTube, while for the 25-41 age group, 42% read blogs and 41% watched online video.
- 40% of all age groups were creating their own content, though this covers editing movies and photos as well as creating blogs. 13-24s were doing this most, but 25% of over 60s also created content.
- 28% of all consumers said they would pay for online content to avoid seeing ads.
- 76% of all consumers found online ads more intrusive than print ads, while 64% said they paid more attention to print ads than those online.
- 84% of all consumers visited a website after finding it through a search engine, while 82% did so because of a personal recommendation.
View Marketing News Archive