Retail sites growing in Europe, visitors up 5% YOYAcross Europe, 160.6 million people visited online retail sites in October 2007, an increase of 5 percent over October 2006... according to a comScore World Metrix report on the European online retail sector, with a focus on the U.K., France and Germany, writes MarketingCharts. The October 2007 visitor base represented 70 percent of the total European internet audience.
- In the U.K., Oct. traffic to retail sites grew 11 percent YOY, totaling 29 million unique visitors.
- Online retail traffic in France also grew 11 percent, reaching 18.1 million unique visitors.
- In Germany, growth remained relatively flat, with the sector attracting 22.7 million unique visitors.
- The U.K.'s online retail sector attracted 29 million unique visitors in October, which amounts to 89 percent of the country's total online user base that month.
- The most popular property was online auction site eBay, which attracted 22.2 million unique visitors, or 68 percent of the U.K.'s total internet audience.
- Another pure-play online retailer, Amazon Sites, attracted 14.3 million unique visitors to gain 44 percent reach.
- The highest ranking multichannel retail property was Apple Inc, with 10.5 million unique visitors.
View Marketing News Archive