- LinkedIn - The business networking website recently added company profile pages, and this is now an excellent way of ranking for your brand name.
- YouTube - Another excellent method of promoting your brand in Google, especially as the introduction of universal search, will give video search results more prominence.
- Facebook / MySpace - As with LinkedIn, companies can create profile pages on these sites which are indexed by the search engines.
- Wikipedia- In the case of Tesco, the only search result that wasn't owned by the supermarket giant came from the online encyclopedia. Not every brand will be able to get on Wikipedia, but it's certainly worth trying.
- Twitter - The micro blogging site is also worth getting involved in, especially for publishers. These pages can also rank well: E-consultancy's Twitter page is the tenth Google result for our brand name.
View Marketing News Archive