- Banks (35%)
- Bank and credit card issuers (24%)
- The payment service provider (23%).
- PCI DSS - Merchants must now be fully compliant with this new worldwide data security standard or risk losing cardholder data leading to substantial brand damage, loss of customers, fines or even being barred from accepting card payments; using a hosted payment platform means merchants are compliant by default
- 3-D Secure, ("Verified by Visa" and "SecureCode") - this enhanced buyer identification process mitigates risk and removes the liability for fraud entirely from the shoulders of merchants
- Use an Address Verification Service to confirm the identity of the person claiming to own the credit card. This is done by checking the billing address of the credit card provided by the user with the address on file at the credit card company
- Comparing the IP address of the PC at the customer's actual location with billing and shipping addresses
View Marketing News Archive