- Don't use repeated, unnecessary, or gimmicky punctuation or symbols.
- Your title may not contain an exclamation point.
- Your entire ad text may only contain one exclamation point in total.
- The use of symbols, numbers, and letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
- The easiest way I've found to discover and create the full range of available symbols is to fire up Microsoft Word and use the "Insert Symbols" function. Then copy and paste a symbol from the word document to your ad.
- Not all symbols from all fonts will work. I've experimented with the Courier font, and a few -- like the smiley face symbol - were outright rejected by AdWords.
- It's likely that human editors will eventually reject the ad. But "eventually" could be a looong time.
View Marketing News Archive