Sales
0161 215 3700
0800 458 4545
Support
0800 230 0032
0161 215 3711
Fast Chat

Welcome to UKFast, do you have a question? Our hosting experts have the answers.

Sarah Wilson UKFast | Account Manager

Google buys Russian contextual advertising firm

Google buys Russian contextual advertising firm

Google has bought contextual advertising company ZAO Begun from it parent, the internet portal Rambler, for some $140m (£70m).

The move marks a new attempt by Google to boost its presence in the fast-growing Russian online ad market.

Rambler currently owns 50.1% of Begun. Under this deal, it would first buy the remaining 49.9% stake from Bannatyne Limited and then sell the entire firm to Google.

Rambler's net gain from the disposal is expected to be about $50m after all direct costs associated with the transaction.

Google's managing director for emerging markets, Mohammad Gawat, said the deal showed his company's commitment to fast-growing advertising markets like Russia.


print this article

Return to marketing news headlines
View Marketing News Archive

Share with: