- Websites, on average, could only provide answers for 50% of common customer queries.
- Telecoms, insurance, travel, electronics, grocers and utility performed worst - all were unable to answer 60% of consumer queries online.
- Grocery and electronics retailers slipped since last year's study, with average correct responses to emails falling from 80% to 55% and 90% to 55% respectively.
- Contact centres performed better, with 67% of calls answered within three minutes.
- As with last year's study, telecoms firms were among the worst performers - giving accurate reponses to emails just 25% of the time, and failing to answer 60% of questions on their websites.
- Travel websites have performed badly in the last two surveys. They fail to answer 60% of common questions and had an average email response time of 58 hours.
View Marketing News Archive