Facebook one of fastest-growing online brands in UKFive of the ten fastest-growing online brands*, in terms of unique audience, over the last year in the UK relate to social and professional networking... and Facebook accounted for the growth of two of the five, and its own, according to (pdf) Nielsen Online, writes MarketingCharts. Among the findings:
- RockYou! - providing applications and widgets for social networks - was the fastest growing online brand, its audience increasing 2,106 percent between Oct. '06 and Oct. '07.
- Facebook was the second fastest growing - up by 1,646 percent - followed by another provider of applications and widgets for social networks, Slide, which grew 649 percent.
- Overall, the 10 fastest-growing online brands contain three social networking tools, one social network and one professional network (LinkedIn).
- YouTube and Wikipedia, the two fastest growers among the 10 most popular brands, in Oct. entered the top 10 at the expense of Real Network and AOL Network.
- The six most popular brands remain unchanged.
- Manufacturers Apple (-6 percent) and Microsoft (-3 percent) are the only brands among the current top 10 to undergo a drop in audience.
View Marketing News Archive