- RockYou! - providing applications and widgets for social networks - was the fastest growing online brand, its audience increasing 2,106 percent between Oct. '06 and Oct. '07.
- Facebook was the second fastest growing - up by 1,646 percent - followed by another provider of applications and widgets for social networks, Slide, which grew 649 percent.
- Overall, the 10 fastest-growing online brands contain three social networking tools, one social network and one professional network (LinkedIn).
- YouTube and Wikipedia, the two fastest growers among the 10 most popular brands, in Oct. entered the top 10 at the expense of Real Network and AOL Network.
- The six most popular brands remain unchanged.
- Manufacturers Apple (-6 percent) and Microsoft (-3 percent) are the only brands among the current top 10 to undergo a drop in audience.
View Marketing News Archive