Email marketers don't always measure what countsmailStatCenter.com has released results from its "First Annual State of Email Metrics" survey; sponsored by Campaigner, the study measures interactive marketing professionals' views on email-marketing metrics and the challenges and focus areas for 2008, writes MarketingCharts. Click-through and deliverability metrics rank tops with email professionals:
- Respondents ranked click-through rate and deliverability the most important metrics to track.
- Metrics surrounding total subscribers and forwards were among the lowest-ranked in terms of importance.
- Over 95 percent of those surveyed said they measure the results of their email campaigns.
- When asked how often they measured results, 57 percent of respondents said 24-48 hours after deployment.
- However, only 18 percent indicated that they measured results on an annual basis (comparing year to year).
- Just 50 percent of the email professionals surveyed reported that they use metrics for budgeting and forecasting.
- 35 percent of professionals said they do not use metrics for budgeting.
- The remaining 15 percent were unsure.
View Marketing News Archive