- MySpace TV's library, boosted by its emphasis on semi-professional and professional content, averaged 36.9 comments per video throughout 2007.
- Metacafe's library generated an average of 32.3 comments, followed by YouTube at 25.4. Metacafe has traditionally generated a high number of comments per video, due both to the adult/mature nature of some of its categories and to its predominately male audience.
- Across the group of UGV sites analyzed, a total of 1.19 million videos (hosted inside content categories typically accessible to users) were published in 2007 (excluding 2006 and older videos).
- There were a total of 26.5 million comments published by users associated with those videos, or an average of 22.2 on a per video basis.
- YouTube captured the largest share of those comments, with 79.9 percent, followed by MySpace TV with 13 percent.
View Marketing News Archive