- User-generated content (consumer reviews/rating sites, forum/discussion boards, blogs, etc.) influences 58 percent of all purchase decisions in China, compared with 19 percent in the US.
- 47 percent of Chinese broadband users post comments to a blog, chat room, listserv or forum, compared with just 28 percent of American broadband users.
- Search engines are the most influential source for making purchase decisions in both countries: 46 percent of Chinese broadband users use a search engine to make purchase decisions vs. 25 percent of American broadband users.
- The average age of broadband users in China is 32 - 10 years less than the US average.
- US interent users are more than twice as likely as Chinese users to be age 45 and older.
- 75 percent of Chinese online consumers access the internet from work, compared with 41 percent of Americans.
View Marketing News Archive