- Log on to www.1911census.co.uk and register for free.
- Search for an ancestor in 1911 by entering their name.
- If the name is common you can enter their approximate year of birth, which will help to narrow down the results.
- Search for an address to look up the history of your house or an ancestor's address in 1911 (this function will be available in summer 2009).
- Pay as you go to view each record. You will be charged 10 credits per transcript and 30 credits for each original household page. Visitors to the website can buy 60 credits for £6.95.
- Findmypast.com vouchers will also be valid on 1911census.co.uk. Vouchers can be purchased from The National Archives bookshop and redeemed on findmypast.com. Credits can then be spent on both findmypast.com and 1911census.co.uk.
- For more information about using the 1911 census for family history research, 'Census: The Expert Guide' by Peter Christian and David Annal is available from The National Archives online bookshop at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
View Marketing News Archive