Brits using mobile internet to find high street bargainsRetailers need to be ready to face a new breed of savvy consumers, according to new research into the way people use broadband-enabled mobile devices to access the web while they are out and about. The research, which was carried out among early adopters of the internet-capable Broadband Anywhere BT ToGo smartphone, points to a growing trend for shoppers to compare prices and look up product reviews and recommendations by other consumers when they are on the move. It shows that while customers have been out and about in the last three months:
- Forty five per cent have browsed for goods or services;
- One in three have price checked or searched for a review of a product/service;
- One in three have found that their devices have helped them to make well-informed buying decisions;
- One in five have made an actual purchase online in the past three months.
- One in five said they had to be specifically designed for mobile use;
- 39 per cent said they should be easy to navigate;
- A quarter said they needed to be quick to load.
View Marketing News Archive