- The biggest impact of blogs is in the speed and availability of news.
- Over half also said that blogs were having a significant impact on the "tone" (61.8 percent) and "editorial direction" (51.1 percent) of news reporting.
- Blogs are a regular source for journalists: Over three-quarters of reporters see blogs as helpful in giving them story ideas, story angles and insight into the tone of an issue.
- Nearly 70 percent of all reporters check a blog list on a regular basis:
- Over one in five (20.9 percent) reporters said they spend over an hour per day reading blogs.
- Nearly three in five (57.1 percent) reporters said they read blogs at least two to three times a week.
- Journalists are increasingly active participants in the blogosphere: One in four reporters (27.7 percent) have their own blogs and nearly one in five (16.3 percent) have their own social networking page.
- About half of reporters (47.5 percent) say they are "lurkers" - reading blogs but rarely commenting.
View Marketing News Archive