- 59% of people prefer to contact financial companies by phone, while just 18% prefer to manage their finances online.
- People are clearly concerned about the security of financial transactions online – the poll finds that 68% trust the telephone as the most secure method of conducting financial affairs, while just 28% trust websites for finance.
- 30% of people who buy over the internet always read terms and conditions before buying something, while 28% do so only occasionally. For those that don’t, trust in the brand is the main reason.
- 79% of people say that e-commerce has made their lives easier, a view which is mainly held amongst those under 35. 65% of over 65s also say it has made their lives easier.
- Though the internet has given us more ways to contact companies, 37% people prefer to make a complaint to a retailer in person, while 37% would do this by phone. Just 10% would try to resolve an issue via email.
View Marketing News Archive