Why Layer 7 Load Balancing
Load balancers that forward traffic at Layer 4 are not aware of what type of traffic they are forwarding and therefore cannot do proper server health checks or content filtration. Whereas layer 7 load balancers work by analysing traffic.
So what does this mean for your business?
A layer 7 configuration knows exactly what protocol it is working with - HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, etc. - so it works more intelligently and efficiently, directing specific traffic to different servers for optimum user experience.
Our layer 7 load balancers are:
- Located in separate racks and powered by separate feeds - eliminating all single points of failure
- Managed on-site in our data centres by our experienced team 24/7/365 - so we're immediately on hand to monitor and respond to any changes.
The diagram shows a typical layer 7 load balancing setup for high availability hosting. Call us free on 0800 458 4545 to discuss adding load balancing to your hosting or request a quote now.
Benefits of Layer 7 Load Balancing:
- Direct specific users to different servers for optimum customer service
- Ability to manage individual services on specific servers
- Load balancers are powered and stored separately for increased resilience
- Load balancing over multiple locations, providing the perfect answer to server failure.
Speak to a cloud hosting specialist today
Call 0800 953 0646 or Get in Touch