After experiencing a hack attack the US Navy has temporarily taken down its website.
To ensure there was no breach of data, the Navy said preventative measures had to be taken as part of the army.mil website had been compromised.
The Syrian Electronic Army said they were behind the attack and just last week the US said Chinese hackers had attacked federal government computers and may have compromised the records of four million employees.
China denied the allegations. It said the attack was "not responsible, and counterproductive".
On Monday the chief of the army public affairs, Brig Gen Malcolm Frost said: "The army took appropriate preventive measures to ensure there was no breach of army data by taking down the website temporarily".
Screen grabs taken from social media showed messages on the website.
One read: "Your commanders admit they are training the people they have sent you to die fighting."
This most recent hack comes 5 months after US Central Command had to temporarily close its YouTube and Twitter accounts after pro-Islamic State messages were posted in a "cyber vandalism" attack.
US President Barack Obama said the nation and economy faced enormous vulnerabilities from attacks like these.
Return to internet news headlines
View Internet News Archive