Diversinet has released an upgrade of its MobiSecure healthcare mobile application development platform, providing support for more devices as well as new features.
Diversinet provides a secure middleware application development environment that lets its clients develop and deploy mobile health applications, ensuring that they're HIPAA compliant. Among the applications it supports are case and disease management; personal health record access, storage and exchange; medical visits and treatment scheduling; and patients reminders.
The company announced at the HIMSS 2011 conference in Orlando, that its MobiSecure Publisher, formerly called MobiSecure Wallet and MobiSecure Vault, supports 70 models of tablets and smartphones, including Apple iOS, Android-based platforms, BlackBerry and Windows mobile devices.
MobiSecure Publisher upgrade also operates with major mobile and tablet platforms, including Apple, Google, Research in Motion, Microsot and Java. The upgrade is available now for production deployment.
Using the MobiSecure platform, developers can create their mobile application one time, and then roll them out simultaneously to any mobile platform or network. "This allows our clients to develop applications, instead of creating silos of development," said Mark Trigsted, Diversinet's executive VP of healthcare.
Mobile data on the system is never unencrypted, Trigsted said, not when it's at rest on a server or the mobile device nor when it's in transit. Auto-provisioning with one-time interface allows the system to automatically detect the mobile device, what platform and operating system it's running on, and then provisions it automatically, he said.
Diversinet also introduced more than 50 new MobiSecure Publisher features and improvements, including:
* Delivery confirmation, which assures providers that patients have received appointment reminders;
* Archived user data changes, including storing information from multiple sources for auditing purposes;
* Web portals for providers and patients, which assist Diversinet's customers in rapidly deploy its products;
* Enhanced administration Web interface, which provides customization of preferences and data;
* Improvements to the mobile user interface, including counters, image formatting, a virtual keyboard and RSS feeds.
MobiSecure SMS, a handset device that supports secure text-message communications, was also updated with automatic software update detection and download capabilities and a secure address book for mobile users.
Return to internet news headlines
View Internet News Archive