- AJAX-based user interface, which enables management of emails, contacts, tasks and document sharing without prior training.
- Support for latest Enterprise Linux distributions -- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Linux 10 -- delivers stability for long-term enterprise use.
- "Mashup" capabilities powered by UWA (Netvibes Universal Widget API) enable easy integration of web applications, such as RSS feeds, podcasts, video channels, Salesforce.com, and SAP Business One, so that the Open-Xchange software serves as the user's central information portal.
- Plug-in architecture for the graphical user interface enables smooth integration of Instant Messaging tools, support for text messages and fax to help unify communications and reduce the need for managing multiple address books.
- Customisation of the user interface (GUI) allows enterprise customers to adapt the look and feel of Open-Xchange to different themes and their corporate design.
- Fully-modular architecture enables easy integration into existing IT infrastructures (e.g. mail servers), which simplifies implementation and does not require migration of email data.
- OSGi framework support enables the addition and removal of third-party applications, such as spam and virus protection with zero downtime of Open-Xchange, which is key for use in large enterprises as it ensures 24/7 availability of the system.
View Hosting News Archive