- An emphasis on research to add land management sources to the U.K.'s GHG inventory, including soil carbon and N2O balance, reduced or zero tillage systems, and integrated models of whole farming systems;
- Advocating best practices for increasing nitrogen efficiency from experts in the fertilizer industry, agronomists, animal nutritionists and others;
- Continuing to raise awareness of energy and carbon accounting, as well as using financial incentives to promote energy efficiency and carbon management by farmers, land owners and foresters through financial incentives;
- Helping farmers use methane emissions and animal wastes to generate heat and power by way of educational programs, financial supports, and infrasturcture improvements to the electrical grid;
- Realising the wider potential for the land-based industries to supply renewable energy, whether through waste- and emissions-capture technologies or through planting biofuel stocks as crops.
View Green News Archive