FASTdesk™ (Desktop as a service)
FASTdesk™ provides a variety of benefits compared to physical desktops, including security and flexibility, even cost-efficiencies. Virtualising the desktop experience doesn't have to be complicated.
Improved employee mobility
Enable a robust BYOD strategy by providing employees with the tools to work from anywhere with FASTdesk. Cloud-hosted desktops provide a consistent experience across all user devices.
Reduce data security breaches
FASTdesk stores files and data in UKFast's secure data centres. Removing data from user devices eliminates the risk of data loss through theft or loss of the user device.
Improved ROI through OpEx
FASTdesk runs on an OpEx model, making IT spend predictable and controllable without unexpected or hidden costs. Long-term ROI and early payback on your investment are a core benefit of this solution.
Improved IT agility
FASTdesk gives your IT team improved central control over all user desktops, allowing for more agile deployment and patching of applications. Operating system and application incompatibility across different generations of devices are no longer an issue.
Ready to get started with FASTdesk? Speak to a cloud experts now on 0800 458 4545 or request a call-back.
Speak to a FASTdesk™ specialist
Our FASTdesk specialists are on hand to answer your questions and provide our award-winning customer service.
Call 0800 458 4545 Request a call-back
Cisco Powered FASTdesk™
Cisco Powered is the industry standard for cloud and managed services. Based on validated architectures and end-to-end security, Cisco Powered services minimise technology lifecycle complexity to reduce cost and risk. The ultimate best-in-class, offering flexible and scalable cloud services designed to help you achieve faster time-to-value.
FASTdesk™ Use Cases
FASTdesk™ is extremely versatile and can be used across any industry. Some industries have adopted the technology faster than others and here we highlight some of these industry sectors:
- Regulated industries benefit from increased security features to protect user data
- Secure access to Windows apps from variety of devices (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows)
- Work from anywhere, without compromising on data security
- Can be tailored to individual employee's role and business unit function
- Provide easy access to a line of business applications from any device
- Enable next generation learning through flexible and mobile workspaces
- Effortlessly provide learning applications to students and teachers
- Instant and single point of access to information based on role and access permissions
- Reduce IT admin by centralising management and delivery of apps to students and staff - wherever they are
- Ensure data privacy and protection across all devices
- Improve mobility and productivity by providing secure access from any device
- Enable safe, seamless and instant access to electronic health records and patient information across locations, devices and networks
- Provide universal access to a modern interface with clinical and non-clinical applications to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Reduce admin time for practicioners and staff
- Fast and easy access to files and apps from any location or device
- Centrally managed desktop to reduce downtime and IT dependency
- Easily sync desktop and files across devices. Large file sizes are no longer a problem
- Safeguard data and files through central data centre storage. No files stored locally on any device
- Provide universal access to modern interface with business critical line of business applications
FASTdesk™ vs. VDI
With the increasing movement towards "...as a Service" solutions, customers benefit from lower initial investment in IT while maintaining access to all solution features and benefits. The same applies to FASTdesk, which adopts an OpEx model on a multi-tenant platform. This model allows small teams to get fast and cost-effective access to a virtualised desktop solution.
If ultimate control over the solution setup, infrastructure and deployment is a key requirement to your IT team, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is right for you. This solution extends into, and includes, a dedicated private infrastructure for single tenancy.
Webinar: Cloud-Hosted Desktops
Whitepaper: Cloud-Hosted Desktops - Which solution is right for me?
Evaluate the core benefits of cloud-hosted desktops with our whitepaper "Cloud-hosted desktops - which solution is right for me?" and read more about how this technology can help your organisation. Learn more about where FASTdesk and VDI differ and which core benefits they share.