Wild Ambitions Expertly Crafted
Read The Full Story
About Chester Zoo
Chester Zoo opened its doors in 1931 and became the North of England's Zoological Society shortly afterwards in 1934. Since then it's grown to home over 11,000 animals; it welcomes over 1.4million visitors every year, and was recently voted Europe's second best zoo by Tripadvisor.
In August 2014, a new television show, 'Our Zoo' - based on the history of Chester Zoo and its progression over the last eight decades - was launched. While it was initially assumed the zoo's website could handle an inevitable increase in traffic, it was soon discovered that the Zoo's on-site bandwidth became quickly saturated when a couple of thousand visitors hit the website.
The UKFast Solution
Migrating to a single dedicated server with UKFast, which benefits from a dedicated firewall and 1GB of guaranteed bandwidth, Chester Zoo's website now runs expertly. When the show launched, its 3,500 unique visitors received the desired user experience on mobile, tablet and desktop devices, and the website's pages now load in less than 0.1 seconds.
- Website pages load in under 0.1 seconds
- Previously restrictive bandwidth now never becomes saturated
- TV show launch was a huge success, with more visitors than ever to the Zoo's website
- Solution turned around in a matter of days to solve problems quickly
- Zoo looks to expand its digital offering thanks to success of campaign
Make your business a roaring success
Call 0800 458 4545 or request more information