What’s the role all about?
We are looking for a skilled UI Designer who has commercial experience in mobile app design. The candidate should be a self-motivated, well rounded individual who has a passion for UI and interaction design as well as demonstrable knowledge in UX principles. Working in a small agile mobile dev team, this role will report directly to the UX designer and work closely with Apple and Android developers. You should have a keen eye for detail and have familiarity with material design and iOS interfaces.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Use Sketch to create hi-fidelity screens and assets.
- Participate at research and conceptual stages.
- Using prototype tools (e.g Flinto) to create working demos to showcase user journeys and interaction design.
- Design creative user-friendly interface designs and iconography for mobile applications.
- Work closely with developers to ensure there is a consistent and appropriate approach to the apps UI.
What skills do I need to have?
- An expert understanding of UI techniques and tools as well as experience in multiple format application design and style guides.
- Proficient with industry standard design software (Sketch, Adobe CC, Prototyping platforms).
- Experience with collaborating closely with an in-house development team.
- Had 1 years’ experience working with mobile app design.
- Excellent communication skills.
What is desirable?
- An understanding of UX principles.
- Experience in wire-framing user journeys.
- Branding experience and working with brand guidelines
- Enjoy working and collaborating within a small team.
- Experience in using an Apple Mac.
What’s the earning potential?
£30,000 - £35,000
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Bupa private healthcare after 1 years’ service.
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected