Senior PHP Developer
Do you love to code and enjoy coming up with creative solutions to problems using PHP and related technologies?
We are looking for passionate and innovative senior PHP developer's to work on a variety of projects and products from around the business in order to give our customers the best possible service and experience.
Working closely with other members of the team you will be required to work on web applications and scripts that interact with internal systems and 3rd party APIs to build new functionality to our existing products.
You will also be able to research and experiment with emerging technologies, discussing the benefits with the team to improve existing systems and develop new products and services.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What we require:
- 3 years industry experience in object-oriented PHP development
- Passion for writing thoroughly tested, scalable, clean code.
- Experience implementing cross browser/device solutions and working with content management systems.
- Proficient working with and building RESTful web services and APIs
- Self-motivated, ability to produce quality results on fast-paced projects to meet deadlines in an Agile environment.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- In-house and external training to support your own development
- Opportunity to attend relevant conferences
- Support with exams/qualifications including purchasing of relevant literature
We know it's not all about the money, so our Manchester office provides a unique, fun and creative environment with the following benefits:
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected