Senior Android Developer
It’s fair to say that our App team see mobile dev as more of a way of life than a job! If you’d like to join them and become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business we may have a great opportunity for you here at UKFast!
What’s the role all about?
We’re looking for experienced, passionate and innovative Android developers to join our forward thinking App Development team. You will be part of an exciting new venture that has grown out of the existing UKFast App team, working on a variety of internal and external projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and creative dev team on some high profile, large scale projects.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working on full build projects you will be creating products from scratch and be responsible for the full life-cycle
- Working in an agile environment
- Working closely with the iOS and UX/UI team
- You will work across multiple different projects, both as an individual and as part of a team, with so much in the pipeline no two days are the same
- You will also have the opportunity to research and experiment with new emerging technologies to improve existing systems and develop new products and services
What skills do I need to have?
- 4 years commercial experience in Android development
- Experience in Behaviour and Test Driven Development
- Experience in Unit Test using Roboelectric
- Experience in automated UI tests (Appium, Espresso)
- A passion for writing scalable clean code
- Familiar with Google Material Design principles
- Experience leading teams, carrying out code reviews, backlog management and leading scrum meetings
- Experience in requirement gathering, systems design and system documentation
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £35-60k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions