Senior Android Developer
It’s fair to say that our App team see mobile dev as more of a way of life than a job! If you’d like to join them and become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business we may have a great opportunity for you here at UKFast!
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What’s the role all about?
We’re looking for experienced, passionate and innovative Android developers to join our forward thinking App Development team. You will be part of an exciting new venture that has grown out of the existing UKFast App team, working on a variety of internal and external projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and creative dev team on some high profile, large scale projects.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working on full build projects you will be creating products from scratch and be responsible for the full life-cycle
- Working in an agile environment
- Working closely with the iOS and UX/UI team
- You will work across multiple different projects, both as an individual and as part of a team, with so much in the pipeline no two days are the same
- You will also have the opportunity to research and experiment with new emerging technologies to improve existing systems and develop new products and services
What skills do I need to have?
- 4 years commercial experience in Android development
- Experience in Behaviour and Test Driven Development
- Experience in Unit Test using Roboelectric
- Experience in automated UI tests (Appium, Espresso)
- A passion for writing scalable clean code
- Familiar with Google Material Design principles
- Experience leading teams, carrying out code reviews, backlog management and leading scrum meetings
- Experience in requirement gathering, systems design and system documentation
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £35-60k depending on experience
The role comes with the following benefits:
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years with the team
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Coming soon : Share Scheme - own a piece of the business you help build
We have some amazing facilities at our expanding UKFast campus including:
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for dog lovers to bring their dog to work
We also have fantastic opportunities and run special events such as:
- Cinema nights to movie premieres
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family
- Team building experiences at our Wales training centre – including climbing Snowdon
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Friends and family events at Christmas
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- LAN parties
- The opportunity to go skiing in Switzerland
If this sounds like the place for you - Apply Now! Fill in the form below, we look forward to hearing from you!