Public Sector Solution Developer
What’s the role all about?
This is a wide-ranging role within the growing Public-Sector hosting business within UKFast, where the core responsibility is to develop new and update existing services and functionality for our cloud service offerings. The role will report to the Public-Sector Operations Manager.
An example of the type of work is the development of a new secure access portal to authenticate and authorise users into a range of applications and services. Types of technologies that may be involved are Linux, apache and various programming/scripting languages such as PHP, Java, HTML, C# etc.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Solutions Developer within the Public-Sector team.
- Understanding the requirements and adapting those into a specification.
- Design creative prototypes according to specification.
- Evaluate existing and future technologies and products.
- Integration of disparate technologies to create cohesive solutions.
- Demonstrate new concepts and solutions to the wider team and customers.
What skills do I need to have?
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse operating systems and platforms, including Windows and Linux.
- Proven experience as a solutions developer.
- Ability to programme in at least one programming language.
- Web Server experience.
- An understanding of structured development approaches.
- Ability to work independently and in mixed teams.
- Must be eligible for SC Clearance (resident in the UK for 5 years).
- Experience of developing Cloud based security products.
- Apache Experience.
- PHP, Java, HTML, C# experience.
- Information Security awareness.
- HMG SC Cleared
What’s the earning potential?
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions