Public Sector Security Engineer
What’s the role all about?
Taking a proactive approach to both network and infrastructure security across the company and customer systems. Reporting to and working alongside the CISO, the UKFast team and our customers to plan and deliver security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. Assisting with the compliance of the business and systems to security policies, legislation and certification requirements.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Secure Network configuration - Firewall, Router Management, DMZ etc.
- Secure configurations of software (Windows / Linux)
- Vulnerability Assessment and Remediation
- Maintain awareness of threats and vulnerabilities
- Malware Defence
- Data Recovery and Destruction
- Configuration and development of the SOC and SIEM reporting tools
- Maintain Security Accreditations and Certifications
- Threat alert response
- Analysis of log data
- Liaising with clients
What skills do I need to have?
You will be able to show demonstrable understanding of secure network communications, data encryption, switching, routing and firewall security.
- Desire to develop skills and qualifications in Information Security
- Linux / Windows system administration skills with a focus towards security
- At least 1 Year Experience of Firewall Management (recognised vendor e.g. Cisco)
- At least 1 Year Experience of Network Security and/or SIEM
- Must be eligible for SC Clearance (resident in the UK for 5 years)
Furthermore a general understanding of enterprise level servers (Windows and Linux) and cloud technologies including its management and support would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of Government Information Security Accreditation processes
- Experience of Government networks
- Experience of ISO 27001 implementation and certification
- Knowledge of Cyber Essentials
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Existing SC Clearance
What’s the earning potential?
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions