Public Sector Launch Engineer
What’s the role all about?
This is a wide-ranging role within the growing Public-Sector hosting business within UKFast, where the core responsibility is to implement and deliver new customer systems within our launch team..
An example of the type of work that this role will entail, taking a customer technical proposal, expanding that out to an implementation architecture interacting with customer teams to ensure a smooth delivery. Technologies that will be worked with include VMware, Cisco, Windows, Linux etc.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working as a Launch Engineer within the Launch team.
- Technical requirements capture with our customers.
- Document implementation technical architectures.
- Deploying new customer systems from start to handover to the service support team.
- Ensure that all configuration and implementation work is done in a secure manner.
- Work with customer technical teams to ensure that the delivery fits within their requirements.
- Ad-hoc technical support to our sales teams.
- Occasional 3rd line support if escalation is required.
What skills do I need to have?
- Linux Administration and Configuration (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu) (1 Year).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Administration and Configuration (1 Year).
- Cisco Catalyst switches and configuration (including VLAN, STP etc.) (1 Year).
- Good understanding of setting up and management VMware environments including vCenter (1 Year).
- Firewall configuration (Any make) (1 Year).
- Implementing SAN networks and storage configuration.
- Web Servers (e.g. Apache, nginx).
- Able to fault find issues, independently if required.
- Must be eligible for SC Clearance (resident in the UK for 5 years).
Desirable skills and experience
- Cisco ASA experience (highly desirable).
- CCNA qualified.
- Experience of Solaris.
- Database experience using Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL.
- Server and networking hardware.
- Experience of Information Security.
- HMG SC Cleared.
What's the earning potential?
£25k to £35k dependant on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected