Public Sector Key Account Manager
Over the past two decades, UKFast has grown from a start up to a multi-million pound business. We are one of the UK’s leading cloud, managed hosting and colocation providers - supplying dedicated server hosting, private, hybrid and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical and cybersecurity services. Dedicated to innovation and providing world-class solutions, we help transform our customers’ businesses, bringing together cutting-edge technology with multi-award-winning customer service and support. We support a full cross section of UK enterprise, from local businesses and charities, to global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence.
2021 will be a transformational year for our business following a large investment from the leading mid-market private equity firm Inflexion in 2020. UKFast is about to undergo a major change programme to enhance its existing proposition, build its Public/Hybrid Cloud offer, and refocus on targeting the most attractive customer segments. To support this change UKFast are currently looking to add an experienced Key Account Manager to our Public Sector team who can develop the lasting relationships and trust with our growing customer base.
As a Key Account Manager at UKFast you will play an integral role in driving the digital transformation of Public Sector within the UK. You will be responsible for some of our largest and most prestigious relationships, combining passion and drive to help make a real difference to our customers’ complex IT and cloud solutions, with the care and dedication needed to ensure that UKFast continue to deliver excellent service.
Supported by UKFast’s highly regarded technical support teams, you will work with organisations like the Cabinet Office, Ministry of Defence, Police Forces, NHS Trusts and their industry partners to ensure that nationally important cloud services are secure, available and being efficiently delivered.
Reporting to the Director of Public Sector, you will play a fundamental part in continuing the successful growth of the public sector division; growing and retaining our existing key accounts and building new relationships with our future customers through the application of the right technology and cloud services that deliver service improvement and cost savings to the Public Sector.
What will you do naturally
- Manage and maintain an excellent relationship with all Public Sector Key Accounts.
- Provide an effective Single Point of Contact for all Public Sector Key Accounts. This includes being a commercial point of contact and an escalation point of contact for all support to these clients.
- Have regular contact with all Key Accounts to ascertain:
- Current level of satisfaction;
- Identifying areas for improvement of our current support provision;
- Identifying current needs that are not being met which may provide opportunity to improve service provision or increase revenue;
- Identify future requirements and work with the customer to realise them.
- Identify new business opportunities with Key Accounts, co-ordinate with technical teams and sales teams to produce proposals and quotes in order to win new business with our Key Accounts.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the wider UKFast Account Management Team, and adopt customers that need to migrate to a Key Account status.
- Be a Stakeholder for Public Sector 1st Level Support provision, ensuring our Key Accounts are getting the service they require, SLA targets are met, and reporting is of a suitable standard and delivered on time.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the 1st Level Support Manager and Public Sector team lead to ensure support obligations are being met and Key Accounts are happy with the support provided.
- Be a Stakeholder for Public Sector 2nd Level Support Provision, ensuring our Key Accounts are getting the technical service support they require, SLA targets are met.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Support and 2nd Level Public Sector Tech Support Team Lead.
- Review Key Account reporting and stats from 1st Level and 2nd Level teams to have visibility of support being provided and challenge the appropriate team managers if support is not meeting expectations.
- Review Key Account customer service reports prior to sending to the customer.
- Arrange and attend Service Reviews with our Key Account customers – this will identify any concerns regarding support provision and general view of UKFast service and also highlight new opportunities.
What will you bring to the role
- Outstanding communication skills
- Natural ability to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues
- A commercial mindset: always looking to find the win-win between the customer’s next need and growing UKFast’s business
- A level-head and calm approach when under pressure
- Ability to produce high quality documentation
- Self-organisation and discipline
- Appreciation of ITIL principles and practices
- Knowledge of Cloud Services and information security technology
- Attention to detail – not least in customer documentation and reporting
- Appreciation of quality assurance (ISO 9001) and information security (ISO 27001) standards and their application
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working and work from home
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!