Public Sector Account Manager
What’s the role all about?
This is a wide-ranging role within the growing Public-Sector hosting business within UKFast, where the core responsibility is to look after our Public-Sector client’s delivery and subsequent support. The role will report to the Public-Sector Operations Manager and will be responsible for the tasking and output of the Launch Team and Service Support Team.
An example of the types of work that this role will entail, is managing the customer relationship and delivery of an enterprise level managed services hosting delivery from Requirements Capture all the way through to business as usual support. Such clients include the Ministry of Defence, Cabinet Office and major defence contractors.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a fast growing and new Public-Sector Hosting capability within UKFast offering great prospects in a challenging working environment.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Manage the Customer Relationship:
- Develop customer relationships to help clients achieve their objectives leading business growth with existing clients.
- Project Management (Scheduling, Tasking, Progress Reviews).
- Customer Progress Reporting.
- Reviews (Project Delivery and Service Reviews).
- Dealing with and effectively remediating customer issues.
- Day to Day Management of the Launch Team, ensuring:
- New project deliveries are effectively handed over by the Sales Team.
- Requirements and contractual obligations are fully understood.
- Tasking the Launch team with system and solution rollouts.
- Timescales are met and all deliverables are addressed.
- Effective handover to the Service Support Team is achieved.
- Day to Day Management the Service Support Team, ensuring:
- Effective running of the NOC with 100% system coverage.
- SLAs are being met or exceeded.
- Adequate cover is in place for our Service Support periods.
- Customer service reports are produced in accordance with contract and to a high standard.
- Health monitoring is in place, working and reporting for all systems.
- Provide progress and status reports internally.
What skills do I need to have?
- Strong customer relationship experience – must have experience dealing with customers on a day to day basis (2 Years).
- Project Management Experience – creating and managing delivery schedules (2 Years).
- Experience of day to day tasking and task progress management (2 Years).
- Proven experience of managing a team of people (3 People) with differing skill bases and experience (2 Years).
- Evidence of strong customer delivery and customer satisfaction (ideally proven project delivery on time and on budget).
- Some knowledge of cloud technology and terminology (Know what a VM is etc.).
- This role requires a high level of ownership and responsibility.
- Must be eligible for SC Clearance (resident in the UK for 5 years).
- Project Management Qualification e.g. PRINCE 2.
- Has managed or been part of a Service Delivery/Support Team.
- Has some experience or understanding of technology is use, such as:
- Basic Network understanding.
- HMG SC Cleared.
- Has an appreciation for HMG Security Policy and procedures e.g. understands classifications such as OFFICIAL.
What’s the earning potential?
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions